If you were seriously injured, remember that it is crucial to choose the right law firm to represent your interests. We have been doing this for more than three decades, and have the resources you need to challenge any opponent.
Trust Funds Disbursement Specialist
The Ferraro Law Firm is a rapidly expanding mid-sized plaintiff personal injury firm, actively seeking an organized and precise Trust Funds Disbursement Specialist that will report directly to the Controller. Our firm is conveniently located in the vibrant Brickell financial district of Miami, Florida.
The Trust Funds Disbursement Specialist is responsible for handling disbursements for the firm. They will need to ensure that all payments meet the firm’s policy and procedures by reviewing applicable fees, liens, and other pertinent documentation in an efficient manner. Also issuing payments to clients in a timely manner. Law Firm experience is a plus.
- 2-year degree in Accounting, Finance or similar from an accredited college or university or equivalency (BA is preferred)
- 1+ years of experience in accounts payable, treasury, or related tasks
- Strong Excel knowledge and QuickBooks proficiency to compile and analyze financial information
- Working knowledge of cash management products and services
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of cyber security regarding digital payments
- Familiarization with the latest regulations for compliance purposes
- Must have excellent communication, presentation, project management and interpersonal skills.
- Process initial cost reimbursement checks upon receipt of trusts funding.
- Review trust funding resolution files for required adjustments to reimbursable cost and Medicare lien deductions prior to issuing checks to clients.
- Issue voided check replacements and update corresponding client files.
- Update Master spreadsheet to provide disbursement status of in-house funds.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This role is based in-office.